August 17, 2022
The Community Giving Foundation: Sunbury is pleased to announce scholarship awards for local students. These opportunities are available through the funds below. Applications for a variety of interests, accomplishments, and career choices were accepted from students at the Danville, Lewisburg, Line Mountain, Shikellamy, and Selinsgrove school districts. These funds awarded over $54,000 in scholarships to 32 students.
The following students received scholarship awards:
- Maria Evitts-Culp Scholarship Fund: Melanie Minnier ($300)
- Robert C. and Elinor L. Zimmerman Fund: Adam Oakes ($1,000)
- Roger S. and Lois W. Haddon Nursing Scholarship: Crystal Jones ($1,000); Elise Kenney ($1,000); Keera School ($1,000)
- Sunbury Area Health Fund: Jordan Badman ($1,756); Genna Abdou ($1,756); Emma Bronowicz ($1,756); Kylie Bucher ($1,756); Savannah Conrad ($1,756); Rosella Delgado ($1,756); Ainsley Derck ($1,756); Taylor Farrow ($1,756); Leah Hepner ($1,756); Meghan Hudson ($1,756); Olivia Merwine ($1,756); Olivia Miller ($1,756); John Peifer ($1,756); Mia Peifer ($1,756); Hannah Swineford ($1,756); Zoe Tomko ($1,756); Riley Williard ($1,756); Brock Wirt ($1,756); Abigail Wolfe ($356)
- Sunbury Area Health Fund – Allied Health Scholarship: Abigail Wolfe ($1,400)
- Sunbury Area Nurses Scholarship Fund: Mary Dunkelberger ($2,383); Kiersten Strohecker ($2,383)
View a full list of Foundation scholarship awards from 2022.
Scholarship recipients pose with Sunbury board members at a July meeting.