August 17, 2022
The Community Giving Foundation: Selinsgrove is pleased to announce scholarship awards for local students. These opportunities are available thanks to the many individuals, families and organizations who have established scholarship funds with the Foundation. Applications for a variety of interests, accomplishments, and career choices were accepted from students at the school district. The funds listed below awarded over $40,000 in scholarships to 16 students.
The following students received scholarship awards:
- Celebrate the Life of the Patients of Cancer Care of Central PA Fund: Cierra Adams ($500)
- John A. Bloig Seals Alumni Scholarship Fund: Luke Berkoski ($2,000)
- Kreamer Feed Scholarships: Caroline Zerby ($800)
- Madelyn L. Whitmer Education Scholarship Fund: Josiah Foss ($1,000)
- Patricia H. and Richard E. Garman Scholarship Fund: Luke Berkoski ($2,500); Lydia Geipel ($1,000 for four years); Ethan Kelly ($1,000 for two years); Maryrose Molina-Shuman ($1,500 for four years); Olivia Merwine ($1,000 for three years); Zoe Tomko ($1,000 for three years)
- Selinsgrove Rotary/Community Giving Foundation: Selinsgrove Scholarships: Sheldon Price ($1,000 for two years); Kassidy Ressler ($1,000 for four years); Tori Ross ($1,000 for four years); Aidan Shay ($1,000 for four years); and $9,000 to nine previous graduates.
- Simon B. and Kathryn J. Rhoads Family Scholarship Fund: Shawn Brown ($600)
- Wayne and Nancy Van Kirk Scholarship Fund: Sheldan Price ($1,300)
View a full list of Foundation scholarship awards from 2022.
Scholarship recipients pose with Selinsgrove board members at a July meeting.