The Women's Giving Circle of the Community Giving Foundation focuses on collaboration, empowerment, and learning. The power of collective giving allows us to increase our impact. You will join a passionate group of women who are pooling their resources to make a difference and create a legacy in our region.
What are my giving options? Donations of any amount and defined membership contributions can be made annually. Each gift received will be divided equally between an endowed and non-endowed fund of the Women's giving Circle. This allows the group to grant 50% of what is collected annually while endowing the other 50% to grow in perpetuity.
There are many reasons to consider giving circles when deciding to participate in philanthropic giving. The Women's Giving Circle offers several donation levels of membership, allowing you to choose the level of giving that best suits your financial needs.
How long does my membership last? The Women's Giving Circle membership cycle follows the calendar year (January-December). Gifts received by December 31st will determine your membership level for the following year.
Why become a member?
- Giving is Rewarding. Giving through a circle is a rewarding way to donate money because we know that each person brings a different talent to the circle. There is opportunity to forge new relationships and participate in a community of thoughtful, effective philanthropists who are diverse in age, interests, and backgrounds.
- Pooling Donations = Bigger Impact. Through the giving circle - a form of participatory philanthropy and grantmaking - your dollar goes further than it would on its own. Pooling donations together with many other women make a larger impact across our region. And with multiple membership levels to choose from, there is a place for everyone!
- Engage in Grantmaking. You are invited to take an active role in the grantmaking process. Nominate eligible nonprofit organizations to apply for competitive grants. A new group of members is selected each year to form the grant review committee, responsible for selecting four finalists to present their requests at the Women's Giving Circle annual meeting. At the event, cast your vote on the final grant recipient(s).
- Education is a Part of the Process. You will be able to attend special networking events to learn about challenges in our community and hear from dynamic speakers making a difference for women and children in the community, philanthropy, and grantmaking.
- Forget the End-of-Year Donation Rush. A giving circle can be your annual charitable plan. You know how much you'll be donating. You know that the organizations will be well chosen. And if you want to give more at the end of the year, then you can choose.
We Will $10,000