June 29, 2023
Community Giving Foundation: Danville announces grant awards totaling $29,500 to local charitable nonprofits and government agencies through their 2023 competitive processes. These awards were funded by the following funds: May Family Fund, Metzer Family Fund, Neighbors Helping Neighbors Unrestricted Fund, Terry & Sandy O’Rourke Family Fund, and The Brady and Trump Family Commemorative Fund.
Danville held its annual event on June 28, 2023, to highlight the community connections that drive philanthropy in the Danville area. During the breakfast, held at the Pine Barn Inn, Foundation staff, board members, donors, and grant recipients shared personal stories reflecting the impact of community partnerships and local support. It was an inspiring time to celebrate generous hearts and honor the nonprofits making a difference in our community every day.
Community Giving Foundation: Danville administers 98 endowed and pass-through funds, investing over $300,000 annually to local nonprofits and students. A complete list of funds and more information about the Foundation can be found at csgiving.org/danville.
Speakers during the June 28th breakfast. L to R: Bonnie Trump, Danville Board Chair; Christine Orlando, Foundation Director of Philanthropy; Cindy Powers, The Gate House; Joseph Senko, Western Pennsylvania Slovak Cultural Association; and Kara G. Seesholtz, Foundation President and CEO.
2023 Competitive Grant Awards
- AGAPE Love from Above to Our Community—Fresh Express, $500
- Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc. (CSSS)—2023/2024 Prevention of Blindness Programming for Young Children, $1,200
- Christ Memorial Episcopal Church—Danville Diaper Bank, $2,000
- Danville Area Community Center—DACC Summer Youth Camp, $2,500
- Danville Child Development Center—Technology for Teachers, $1,000
- Danville Community Band—2023 Program Support, $1,500
- Danville Police Department—Police Department Audio & Visual Upgrade, $1,985
- Eos Therapeutic Riding Center—Windows 11 Computer, $765
- Girls on the Run Mid State PA—Promoting Holistic Health Outcomes for Girls in 3rd through 8th grades, $1,500
- Good Samaritan Mission—Hygiene Products Giveaway, Senior Housing Outreach, $2,000
- Montour Area Recreation Commission—Hess Recreation Area Facility Roof Repair, $2,000
- PA Pets, Inc.—Feral Cat / TNR Program, $800
- Perry County Council of the Arts—Artist Residency at Danville Head Start, Brain Pulse Program with Mary Knysh, $1,500
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley—Danville AMPES, $1,000
- The Exchange—Art Cart, $1,000
- The Salvation Army – Service Extension—Emergency Financial Assistance, $2,000
- Thomas Beaver Free Library—Toddler Playtime & Socialization, $900
- Transitional Housing and Care Center of Columbia and Montour County—Savings For Change, $1,000
- Washingtonville Borough—DeLong Park Pathway Construction, $1,750
- Wreaths Across America—Montour County Program Support, $500
Community Giving Foundation: Danville is an affiliate of the Community Giving Foundation, which helps administer grant and scholarship investments. Their mission is helping to meet a multitude of charitable needs in the Danville area. Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Berwick community and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply during the 2024 competitive grant round. Details will be available January 2024 at csgiving.org/grants.
Grant recipients from Danville’s 2023 competitive grant round gather during breakfast on June 28th.