October 26, 2022
Community Giving Foundation: Sunbury announces grant awards totaling $186,880 to local charitable nonprofits and government agencies. The awards were granted through the following funds: Sunbury Area Health Fund, Mary E. and J. Guy Lesher Fund, C. Preston and Kathryn S. Geist Endowment Fund, Clyde H. Jacobs Fund, Gladys C. Dagle Fund, Gloria Faylor Karchner Healthcare Fund, and the Sunbury Charitable Purposes Fund.
Community Giving Foundation: Sunbury administers a total of 26 endowed and pass-through funds, investing over $239,000 annually to local nonprofits and students. These funds include scholarship, donor advised, field of interest, designated, agency, and unrestricted funds. Sunbury recently held a celebratory luncheon on October 13, 2022 at the Front Street Station to recognize grant and donor stories of community giving. An event summary, a complete list of funds, and more information about the Foundation can be found at csgiving.org/sunbury.
2022 Competitive Grant Round Recipients
- A Community Clinic, Inc.—Wellness for the Uninsured Working Poor of Our Community, $50,000
- Birthright of Sunbury, Inc.—Family Assistance for Crib Mattresses, $1,000
- Birthright of Sunbury, Inc.—Family Assistance for Diapers and Infant Formula, $5,000
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank—Providing Nutritious Food to Sunbury Area Individuals and Families, $9,000
- Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc.—2022/23 Prevention of Blindness Programs for Young Children, $8,000
- Degenstein Community Library—Update Theme Bags & Leveled Readers, $2,000
- Evangelical Community Hospital—2022/23 Mobile Health of Evangelical Screening / Education Program, $2,000
- Greater Susquehanna Valley YMCA—Children’s Programs Financial Assistance, $7,500
- Haven Ministry Inc.—Haven Ministry Expansion, $12,500
- Kate’s Kupboard—Our Mission is Our Project, $6,280
- Regional Engagement Center—After School Drop-In 2022/23 Support, $1,000
- Setebaid Services, Inc.—Camp Setebaid and the HDYC 2023 Camperships, $6,100
- Soup Place at First Reformed United Church of Christ—Healthy Meal 2022/23, $2,500
- Spreading Antlers Children’s Foundation—Swim Safe Program, $17,500
- Sunbury Bible Church—Night to Shine sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation and hosted by the Sunbury Bible Church, $1,000
- Sunbury Kiwanis Foundation—Upgrading the Bastian/Kiwanis Playground, $12,500
- Susquehanna River Valley Dental Health Clinic—2023 Project Oral Health Care for the Under-Insured and Uninsured, $40,000
- Susquehanna Valley CASA – Voices for Children—Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach Coordination, $2,000
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley—Wellness & Opportunity at The Arc, $1,000
Sunbury is an affiliate of the Community Giving Foundation, which helps administer grant and scholarship investments. Their mission is helping to meet a multitude of charitable needs in the Sunbury region. Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Sunbury community and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply during the 2023 competitive grant round. Details will be available June 2023.
Grant recipients from Sunbury’s 2022 competitive grant round gather during the luncheon on October 13th.