October 21, 2022
Community Giving Foundation: Bloomsburg announces grant awards totaling $11,600 to local charitable nonprofits and government agencies through their recent competitive process. These awards were granted through the Bloomsburg Unrestricted Fund and the Hartman / Robbins / Stroup Fund.
Community Giving Foundation: Bloomsburg administers a total of nine endowed and pass-through funds, investing over $13,000 annually to local nonprofits and students. These include scholarship, donor advised, field of interest, designated, agency, and unrestricted funds. Bloomsburg recently held a celebratory breakfast on September 7, 2022 at Monty’s (Bloomsburg University) to recognize grant and donor stories of community giving. An event summary, a complete list of funds, and more information about the Foundation can be found at csgiving.org/bloomsburg.
2022 Competitive Grant Recipients
- AGAPE Love from Above to Our Community—Financial Assistance Program, $1,600
- Bloomsburg Area YMCA—Summer Day Camp Scholarship, $600
- Bloomsburg Fire Department—Extrication/Wildland PPE, $1,330
- Bloomsburg Theater Ensemble—Theater School Scholarships, $600
- Central Susquehanna Opportunities, Inc. “A Community Action Agency”—Bloomsburg Area Job Seekers Needed, $500
- Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc.—2022/23 Prevention of Blindness Programming for Children of Bloomsburg, $500
- Coalition for Social Equity—Organization Support in Honor of Isabelle Tarr, $1,000
- Coalition for Social Equity—Outfest 2022 Support, $500
- Columbia Child Development Program—Playground Bike Path and Neighborhood Art Mural, $700
- Dwell-Lycoming County—New Duffle Bags for Children in Foster Care, $250
- Eos Therapeutic Riding Center—Healthy Horses Providing Therapy, $1,500
- PA Pets, Inc.—Bloomsburg Area TNR Program, $750
- Single Mothers Individually Living Empowered, Inc.—Children & Mental Health, $500
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley—Bloomsburg AMPES, $500
- The Exchange—Expanding the Art Cart’s Reach, $770
Bloomsburg is an affiliate of the Community Giving Foundation, which helps administer grant and scholarship investments. Their mission is helping to meet a multitude of charitable needs in the Bloomsburg area. Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Bloomsburg community and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply during the 2023 competitive grant round. Details will be available March 2023.
Grant recipients from Bloomsburg’s 2022 competitive grant round gather during the breakfast on September 7th.