May 19, 2022
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Supervisor: Director of Philanthropy
Hours: 8:30-4:30 M-F
Location: Foundation Office, 725 West Front Street, Berwick PA
Salary: $35,000 (full-time with benefits)
Application Deadline: June 13, 2022 (see below for further instructions)
The Community Giving Foundation is accepting applications immediately for a full-time Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant works as an integral part of the development department by assisting with fund and donor correspondence, gift and pledge entry, event tracking, reporting, and donor profile maintenance, while utilizing and increasing Foundation software efficiency. This person also supports the finance department with internal accounting needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Process donation and event contributions received by the Foundation and prepare acknowledgement letters in a timely manner following processes.
- Prepare weekly scheduled deposit reports with CFO.
- Build appropriate templates and reports in Foundation software to efficiently and consistently produce gift acknowledgment letters, receipts, communications, and reports.
- Cross-train with CFO to serve as back-up with deposit report, bank check deposit, and establishing funds in Community Suite.
- Enter pledge/promise commitments and payments.
- Run monthly pledge/promise payment report to mail pledge/promise payment reminder letters to donors.
- Keep Director of Philanthropy updated on pledge/promise payment schedule.
- Enter and update donor profiles for gift entry.
- Maintain donor database and profile maintenance.
- Maintain safe, clean and professional desk area by complying with procedures, rules, personnel handbook, and regulations.
- Organize electronic and hard copy filing for funds, gifts, finance, audit, etc.
- Obtain and file fundholder and board member signatures for fund documents.
- Provide donor reports to Director of Philanthropy and CEO for personalized thank you notes and attention.
- Provide event reports to fundholders.
- Provide tribute reports to people as requested by donors.
- Communicate and enforce development procedures related to fundraising and gift acceptance policies.
- Assist with preparation of fund statement materials and distribution.
- Process and organize all filing (including gift records, fundholder correspondence, AR, etc.) and manage annual document archiving and purging.
- Provide annual document and filing needs of development and finance departments.
- Create and maintain fund records, including set-up in Community Suite and filing/recording of fund agreements and related documents.
- Work with development staff to prepare packets, mailings, thank you gifts, etc.
- Stay knowledgeable of Foundation happenings.
- Maintain donor advisor portal communication and customer service.
- Responsible to obtain signatures on checks as requested by CFO or CEO.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Regularly participates in educational sessions offered through Foundant, Council on Foundations, or other community foundation resources as appropriate for position and job responsibilities.
- All other duties assigned by Director of Philanthropy and CEO.
- Represent Foundation as needed at events.
- Meet with donors as requested by Director of Philanthropy.
- Education: post high school education or training preferred
- Experience and/or Training: data entry, development, finance, or equivalent job experience
- Computer software experience and knowledge
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience
- Solid understanding of data entry skills
- Ability to learn specialized Foundation software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to represent the Foundation in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems independently
- Ability to comprehend and follow Foundation policies and guidelines
- Listening skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, volunteers, donors and fundholders
- Computer and phone skills
Submit one email including cover letter, resume, and three letters of references to Kim Groshek, administrative assistant, at [email protected]. Applicants will receive an email confirmation upon receipt of application and requested materials.
Deadline for applications has been extended to June 13, 2022.