October 11, 2021
Community Giving Foundation: Danville announces grant awards totaling $26,300 to local charitable nonprofits and government agencies through their recent competitive process. These awards were granted through the following unrestricted funds: The Brady and Trump Family Commemorative Fund, The May Family Fund, Metzer Family Fund, Neighbors Helping Neighbors Fund, and Terry and Sandy O’Rourke Family Fund.
Community Giving Foundation: Danville administers a total of 93 endowed and pass-through funds investing over $240,000 annually to local nonprofits and students. These funds include scholarship, donor-advised, field of interest, designated, agency, and unrestricted funds. Danville recently held a celebratory breakfast on October 5, 2021 at the Pine Barn Inn to recognize grant and donor stories of community giving. An event summary, complete list of funds, and more information about the Foundation can be found at csgiving.org/danville.
2021 Competitive Grant Recipients
- AGAPE Love from Above to Our Community—Happy Trails Racking for New Facility, $1,000
- Central Susquehanna Opportunities, Inc. “A Community Action Agency”—Housing Assistance Program, $2,000
- Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc.—2021/2022 Prevention of Blindness and Support for the Blind Initiative, $1,500
- Danville Area Community Center—Single Parent Sponsorships, $1,000
- Danville Area Diaper Bank—Program Support, $1,000
- Danville Child Development Center—Going Gold for High-Quality Early Learning, $1,000
- Danville Community Band—2021 Program Support, $750
- PA Pets, Inc.—Feral Cat/TNR Program, $250
- PA Swarm—Swarm 12U Support, $300
- Ronald McDonald House of Danville—40th Anniversary Adopt-a-Room Program, $5,000
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley—Danville AMPES, $1,000
- The Good Samaritan Mission—Many Hands Helping Others, $3,000
- The Salvation Army, Service Extension—Emergency Financial Assistance and Back to School Clothing Shopping for Montour County Residents, $2,000
- Transitional Housing and Care Center of Columbia and Montour County—Operation Keep Food Fresh, $5,000
- United Way of Columbia and Montour County—Post Overdose Response Team for Danville Area, $1,500
Danville is an affiliate of the Community Giving Foundation. Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Danville community and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply during the 2022 competitive grant round. Details will be available June 2022 at csgiving.org/grants.