March 31, 2021
The Women’s Giving Circle of the Community Giving Foundation recently awarded $20,000 to nonprofit organizations during its fourth annual competitive grant round. The awards were granted through the Women’s Giving Circle Fund.
The Women’s Giving Circle empowers, connects, and inspires women and girls by supporting initiatives and resources that better their lives. The Women’s Giving Circle focused its funding on organizations that invest in programs and projects supporting women and girls across our region. Grant recipients include:
- AGAPE Love from Above to Our Community – Women in Need (WIN) Program, $1,500
- Beyond Violence, Inc. – Bed Bug Covers, $900
- Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit – Women Staying on Course, $3,000
- Central Susquehanna Opportunities, Inc. “A Community Action Agency” – Documents for Women and Children, $2,500
- Danville Area Community Center – Sponsorship Funds for Single Parents, $1,000
- DIG Furniture Bank – Good Night’s Sleep for Women and Children, $3,000
- Family Service Association of NEPA – PA 211 NE/Help Line, $1,000
- Regional Engagement Center (REC) – Women and Girls Health and Fitness 2021, $500
- Shape of Justice, Inc. – Susquehanna Valley Period Supplies, $4,000
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley – Women’s Empowerment Program 2021, in Memory of Erica Gene, $500
- Thrive International Programs – Scholarships for Women and Girls from Designated Counties, $2,100
Women’s Giving Circle members, donors, and nonprofit organizations gathered virtually on March 31st to celebrate this year’s grant recipients. Several steering committee members shared about the good work done through the Women’s Giving Circle and grantee videos expressing thanks were shown. (View the grantee videos below.) To learn more about the Women’s Giving Circle and how to become a member, please visit csgiving.org/womens-giving-circle.
Nonprofit organizations that provide programming for women and girls in the Foundation’s 5 1/2 county service area (Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union Counties) are encouraged to apply during the 2022 competitive grant round. Details will be available January 2022.
The Community Giving Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that develops, manages, and distributes funds for charitable purposes in communities across the Central Susquehanna region.