May 15, 2020
The Women’s Giving Circle (WGC) of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation (CSCF) recently awarded $20,000 to nonprofit organizations during its competitive grant round. The awards were granted through the Women’s Giving Circle Fund of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation.
The Women’s Giving Circle empowers, connects, and inspires women and girls by supporting initiatives and resources that better their lives. The WGC focused its funding on organizations that invest in programs and projects supporting women and girls across our region. Grant recipients include:
- A&B Children’s Theatre – Keri’s Kretive Dance Center, $925
- AGAPE – Women in Need (WIN) Program, $1,750
- Beyond Violence, Inc. – Women’s Empowerment Group, $1,000
- Bundles of Blessings Diaper Ministry – Bundles of Blessings, $1,000
- Caring Communities for AIDS – SCORE Conference, $500
- Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit – Belong to Success with ASCENT, $1,000
- Eos Therapeutic Riding Center – New Saddles and Therapeutic Saddle Pads, $1,125
- Girls on the Run Central PA – Financial Assistance and Capacity Building, $1,000
- HandUp Foundation – Renewed Hope Self-Enrichment Program, $1,500
- Montour Area Recreation Commission – Girls ROC (Girls Riding Outside Camp) Mountain Bike Camp, $500
- Orangeville Public Library – Empowering Books for Girls, $500
- Regional Engagement Center (REC) – Youth Yoga and Mindfulness, $500
- Shape of Justice, Inc. – Lower Luzerne Expansion, $1,000
- Soroptimist International of Snyder, Union and Northumberland (SUN) Counties – Dream It, Be It: Career Support for Girls 2020-21, $1,000
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley – All-Abilities Women’s Empowerment Symposium, $500
- The Children’s Museum, Inc. – A Sense of Normalcy: Respite at the Children’s Museum, $1,200
- Transitions of PA – Financial Assistance for Formerly Homeless Survivors of Domestic Violence, $2,000
- Union-Snyder Community Action Agency – Wheels for Women, $3,000
Through the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, the Women’s Giving Circle is a means to raise funds to distribute to projects and initiatives that improve the lives of women and girls throughout the Central Susquehanna Region. To learn more about the Women’s Giving Circle and how to become a member, visit csgiving.org.
Nonprofit organizations that provide programming for women and girls in the Foundation’s 5 1/2 county service area–Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties–are encouraged to apply during the 2021 competitive grantround. Details will be available January 2021 at csgiving.org/grants.