April 7, 2020
The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation continues to partner with local organizations to promote sustainability and disaster relief to nonprofits in Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties. Through many generous hearts, the Disaster Relief Fund continues to grow while grant applications are collected via a streamlined process. Grant-making decisions will be led by Foundation staff in collaboration with an experienced committee comprised of representatives from several local organizations.
- Eileen Chapman, AGAPE
- Ayrin Shortlidge, Berwick Area United Way
- Michelle Pace, Berwick Health and Wellness Fund of CSCF
- Amanda Stutzman, Berwick Health and Wellness Fund of CSCF
- Greg Martz, Central Susquehanna Community Foundation
- John Kurelja, Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit and CSCF Regional Impact Fund
- Gale Zalar, Central Susquehanna Opportunities
- Joanne Troutman, Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way
- Emily Mrusko, Union-Snyder Community Action Agency
- Adrienne Mael, United Way of Columbia and Montour County
Through the generosity of current and new partners, CSCF’s Disaster Relief Fund has collected more than $255,000 so far to give back to community nonprofits. Thank you to the individuals, families and organizations that have already donated to the Disaster Relief Fund to support local recovery. In addition to community donors, many other funds at the Foundation have partnered with Disaster Relief efforts to make grant-making dollars in the region go even farther. These funds include the Berwick Health and Wellness Community Response Fund; Berwick Health and Wellness Fund; CSCF’s Regional Impact Fund; Volunteers in Philanthropy Fund; Ben Franklin Trust Fund; and several Donor-Advised Funds.
The need in our community is great, and there is more to be done. You can join the Foundation’s Disaster Relief efforts by making a secure online donation to the Disaster Relief Fund at csgiving.org/disaster-relief. While online donations are preferred—and processed faster—gifts can also be mailed to Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, Attn: Disaster Relief Fund, 725 West Front Street, Berwick, PA 18603.