August 16, 2019
The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation (CSCF) has undertaken a 5 1/2 countwide initiative to meet ever-changing community needs in Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Union and Snyder Counties. This work is supported through the Foundation’s Regional Impact Fund which is an unrestricted fund established to address a broad range of local needs. As a result, the CSCF is pleased to announce $50,000 in awards from the Regional Impact Fund to local nonprofit organizations. Grant recipients received the awards during the Regional Impact Fund’s After-Hours Celebration on August 15, 2019, at Iron Front in Lewisburg.
This year’s grant recipients include:
- American Red Cross – Home Fire Preparedness Campaign, $1,500
- Birthright of Sunbury, Inc. – Family Assistance for Emergency Infant Medicine Cabinet Supplies, $500
- Bloomsburg Fire Department – Thermal Imaging Camera, $1,585
- Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble – Theatre for All, $5,000
- Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way – Local Vision Project, $7,500
- HandUp Foundation – Re-entry and Job Readiness Program, $5,000
- McBride Memorial Library – Library Computers, $4,270
- Montgomery House Library – On Site and Mobile Internet Service and Gadget Help, $2,000
- Setebaid Services, Inc.- In-Kind Medical Supplies Tracking system Project, $3,500
- Snyder County Libraries – Dementia Friendly Libraries, $3,000
- Susquehanna Valley CASA – Voices for Children – Recruit, Train and Deploy Volunteers in Snyder, Union and Northumberland Counties, $4,500
- Susquehanna Valley Law Enforcement Camp Cadet – Camp Cadet: Snyder, Union and Northumberland Counties Program, $1,645
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley – “Opportunity Imprints” All-Abilities Business Year One Start-Up, $2,500
- United Way of Columbia and Montour County – United in Recovery Regional Prevention Marketing Campaign, $7,500
Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Foundaton’s 5 1/2 county service area (Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties) are encouraged to apply during the 2020 competitive grantround. Details will be available at csgiving.org/grants. Learn more about the Regional Impact Fund and how you can get involved at csgiving.org.
Foundation board members and grant recipients at the Regional Impact Fund After-Hours Grant Awards Celebration on August 15th.
Front row (seated L to R): Adrienne Mael, United Way of Columbia and Montour County; Dee Romine, Birthright of Sunbury, Inc.; Patti Snyder, HandUp Foundation; Connie Tressler, CSCF Board Member; Cheryl Donlan, The Arc Susquehanna Valley. Back row (standing L to R): Peggy Fulmer, CSCF Board Member; Corey Mowrey, Susquehanna Valley CASA; Mark Moyer, Setebaid Services, Inc.; Seth Joseph, Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way; Tom Szulanczyk, American Red Cross; Bob Bertram, Snyder County Libraries; Richard Cashman, CSCF Board Member; Jon White-Spunner, Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble; John Kurelja, CSCF Board Member.