The mission of Volunteers in Philanthropy (VIP) is to improve the quality of life for Berwick area residents. The goals are enriching volunteerism and making meaningful grant investments. During the past several years, VIP members have participated in the following Berwick and surrounding area activities: Relay for Life, Christmas Parade, Foundation mailings, Berwick Retirement Village, Elmcroft, and Bonham Nursing Home. Poinsettia plants were also delivered to Berwick Hospital Center patients as well as Christmas Stockings for the Holiday Newborn babies.
VIP awarded their 2019 grants during a ceremony on April 26, 2019. To view all grant recipients, click here.
Annual Golf Tournament
Thank you for your support of VIP's Annual Golf Tournament. Since 2011, Volunteers In Philanthropy has awarded $48,150 in grants! The following programs benefited from your generous donations and support of the golf tournaments:
- McBride Library—On-line Tutoring Program
- Berwick Area YMCA—SportFit and Day Camperships
- Berwick Area School District—All-Veteran Scholarships
- Berwick Police Dept.—Trauma Packs, Bullet-Proof Vests and Shield -Police Explorer Program for Transportation
- Ber-Vaughn Pool Project
- Tapestry of Health—Summer Food Service Program
- For the Cause—Berwick Food Program
- Berwick Borough—Summer Concert Series
- Berwick Police Department—Surveillance Radios Program
- Stuart Tank Memorial Association—Berwick Stuart Tank Memorial
- Berwick Salvation Army—Heart Smart Feeding Initiative