August 16, 2019
Lewisburg - The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation (CSCF) has undertaken a 5 1/2 countwide initiative to meet ever-changing community needs in Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Union and Snyder Counties. This work is supported through the Foundation's Regional Impact Fund which is an unrestricted fund established to address a broad range of local needs. As a result, the CSCF is pleased to announce $50,000 in awards from the Regional Impact Fund to local nonprofit organizations. Grant recipients received the awards during the Regional Impact Fund's After-Hours Celebration on August 15, 2019, at Iron Front in Lewisburg.
This year's grant recipients include:
- American Red Cross - Home Fire Preparedness Campaign, $1,500
- Birthright of Sunbury, Inc. - Family Assistance for Emergency Infant Medicine Cabinet Supplies, $500
- Bloomsburg Fire Department - Thermal Imaging Camera, $1,585
- Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble - Theatre for All, $5,000
- Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way - Local Vision Project, $7,500
- HandUp Foundation - Re-entry and Job Readiness Program, $5,000
- McBride Memorial Library - Library Computers, $4,270
- Montgomery House Library - On Site and Mobile Internet Service and Gadget Help, $2,000
- Setebaid Services, Inc. - In-Kind Medical Supplies Tracking System Project, $3,500
- Snyder County Libraries - Dementia Friendly Libraries, $3,000
- Susquehanna Valley CASA - Voices for Children - Recruit, Train and Deploy Volunteers in Snyder, Union and Northumberland Counties, $4,500
- Susquehanna Valley Law Enforcement Camp Cadet - Camp Cadet: Snyder, Union and Northumberland Counties Program, $1,645
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley - "Opportunity Imprints" All-Abilities Business Year One Start-Up, $2,500
- United Way of Columbia and Montour County - United in Recovery Regional Prevention Marketing Campaign, $7,500
Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Foundaton's 5 1/2 county service area (Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties) are encouraged to apply during the 2020 competitive grantround. Details will be available at csgiving.org.
Pictured above are Foundation board members and grant recipients at the Regional Impact Fund After-Hours Grant Awards Celebration on August 15th.
Front row (seated L to R): Adrienne Mael, United Way of Columbia and Montour County; Dee Romine, Birthright of Sunbury, Inc.; Patti Snyder, HandUp Foundation; Connie Tressler, CSCF Board Member; Cheryl Donlan, The Arc Susquehanna Valley. Back row (standing L to R): Peggy Fulmer, CSCF Board Member; Corey Mowrey, Susquehanna Valley CASA; Mark Moyer, Setebaid Services, Inc.; Seth Joseph, Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way; Tom Szulanczyk, American Red Cross; Bob Bertram, Snyder County Libraries; Richard Cashman, CSCF Board Member; Jon White-Spunner, Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble; John Kurelja, CSCF Board Member.