August 12, 2020
Bloomsburg, PA - The Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation (BACF) recently awarded $9,450 to local nonprofits during its competitive grantround. The awards were granted through the Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation Fund and the Hartman / Robbins / Stroup Fund.
The BACF focused its funding on organizations that invest in community programs and projects within Bloomsburg and surrounding areas. Those grant recipients include:
- AGAPE Love from Above to Our Community - Heating Utility Assistance for Town of Bloomsburg Residents, $1,400
- Bloomsburg Public Library - Free Computer Skills Training to Enhance Job & Career Success, $555
- Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble - BTE COVID-19 Precautions Project, $500
- Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc. - 2020/2021 Preventing Blindness in our Community Initiative, $500
- Columbia Child Development Program - Literacy Materials for Infants through 5 Years, $755
- Eos Therapeutic Riding Center - Purchase of 2 Saddle Pads, Latigo Tie, Billet and 4 Pair of Wide-Angled Stirrups, $1,215
- Family Service Association of NEPA - PA 211 NE/Help Line, $500
- Friends of the Columbia County Traveling Library - Paying Off Our Traveling Library Together, $700
- Ronald McDonald House of Danville, Inc. - Share-A-Night Program, $500
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley - Bloomsburg Area Social/Recreational Programs for Self-Advocates, $500
- The Children's Museum, Inc. - Increasing Worker Safety at the Bloomsburg Children's Museum, $550
- Transitional Housing and Care Center of Columbia and Montour County - Road to Independence, $775
- Coalition for Social Equity - Organization Support in Honor of Isabelle Tarr, $1,000
The Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation which helps administer BACF's grant investments. Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Bloomsburg community and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply during the 2021 competitive grantround. Details will be available at csgiving.org.
The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation (CSCF) is a 501(c)(3) organization that develops, manages, and distributes funds for charitable purposes in communities across the Central Susquehanna region.