September 5, 2019
Bloomsburg - The Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation (BACF) recently awarded $9,600 to local nonprofits during its competitive grantround. The awards were granted through the Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation Fund. The Foundation focused its funding on organizations that invest in community programs and projects within the Bloomsburg and surrounding ares. Grant recipients received the awards during the BACF annual luncheon on September 5, 2019, at Monty's in Bloomsburg.
Those grant recipients include:
- AGAPE Love from Above to Our Community - (W.I.N.) Women in Need, $700
- Bloomsburg Fire Department - Thermal Infrared Camera, $700
- Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc. - 2019/2020 Preventing Blindness in Our Community Initiative, $500
- Coalition for Social Equity - Organization Support in Honor of Isabelle Tarr, $1,000
- Columbia Child Development Program - Increase STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) Materials for 2-5-year olds, $750
- Wesley United Methodist Church (Community Friendship Meal) - Restock the 2019 Emergency Pantry, $700
- Eos Therapeutic Riding Center - Purchase new Copier/Printer, $1,000
- Exchange Arts, d.b.a. The Exchange - Bringing the Blues to Bloomsburg Town Park, $500
- Friends of the Columbia County Traveling Library - Filling the Gaps: Updating the Children's Book Collection at the Traveling Library, $550
- Orangeville Public Library - Expansion of the Orangeville Library for Children's Room Addition, $1,000
- Pennsylvania Pets, Inc. - Bloomsburg Area Spay/Neuter Program, $700
- Susquehanna Valley Reading Partners - Bloomsburg Adult Student Literacy Materials, $700
- The Arc Susquehanna Valley - Social Recreation Programs for the Differently Abled in Bloomsburg, $500
- The Children's Museum, Inc. - Outdoor Classroom Improvements, $300
The Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, which helps administer BACF's grant investments. Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Bloomsburg community and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply during the 2020 competitive grantround. Details will be available at csgiving.org/grants.
BACF Board Members 2019
John Thompson, chair
C. Cleveland Hummel
Pictured above are Foundation board members and grant recipients at the BACF luncheon on September 5th. Front row (seated L to R): Pam Simpson, Orangeville Public Library; Lisa Shosh, The Arc Susquehanna Valley; Lois Hess, PA P.E.T.S.; Jacqueline Willis, Susquehanna Valley Reading Partners; Regina Kotzer, Eos Therapeutic Riding Center. Back row (standing L to R): John Thompson, BACF Board President; Fred Gaffney, BACF Board Member; Pam Young, BACF Board Member; Ginny Weibel, The Children's Museum, Inc.; Oren Helbok, The Exchange; Rev. Steve Engelhardt, Coalition for Social Equity; Debbie Jones, Columbia Child Development Program; Ammon Young, Friends of the Columbia County Traveling Library; Jim McCann, Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc.; Scott McBride, Bloomsburg Fire Department; Lauren Martz, BACF Board Member; Sandie Yule, AGAPE Love From Above to Our Community; Kristin Austin, BACF Board Member; Fred Trump, BACF Board Member.