There are several opportunities to help make charitable gifts now through the Foundation while enjoying tax benefits and preserving economic security for you and your loved ones. You can choose to create a planned gift through your will, estate or other vehicle. Planned gifts may be used to start any type of endowed fund or add to an existing one.
- Bequests, which may enable you to reduce estate taxes while supporting your community.
- Charitable Gift Annuities allow you to make a gift now that will provide a tax deduction and income for life. The remaining funds of the Charitable Gift Annuity will be used to support your charitable interests.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts allow you to receive income (or provide income for another person), with the knowledge that the funds remaining when the trust terminates, will be used to support your charitable interests
- Charitable Lead Trusts enable you to make significant charitable gives in the near term while transferring substantial assets to beneficiaries, who may benefit from significantly lowered gift and estate taxes.
- Retained Life Estates ensure that you or another person have lifetime security in a home that they have given to the Foundation as a charitable contribution.
- Life Insurance can be used as a charitable asset, thereby enabling you to be eligible for a charitable tax deduction based on the current value of the paid-up policy.
- Retirement Fund Plans can be used to support your charitable interests while achieving significant tax advantages for their heirs.
To discuss planned giving options that will meet your charitable interests, please contact:
M. Holly Morrison, D.Ed.
President and CEO
570.752.3930, press 4
Kara G. Seesholtz
Chief Advancement Officer
570.752.3930, press 4
Planned giving can be an important component of your estate plan. The information on this site is not intended as legal, tax or investment advice.
All contributions are administered through the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, and are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. IRS regulations require us to state that no goods or services were provided in consideration for your gift and the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation has exclusive legal control over the contributed assets. The official registration and financial information of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation may be obtained from the PA Dept. of State by calling toll free, within PA, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.