The Innovation Grant is designed to provide funding to nonprofits for the implementation of emerging ideas and initiatives that can substantially impact or provide measurable progress toward the betterment of our community. The Innovation Grant is a vehicle to enable the continued growth and strengthening of Columbia County. This grant opportunity will provide one grant of up to $100,000 to one organization. View the press release here.
We know that there are many creative solutions to community problems. The Innovation Grant focuses on funding new solutions that address a community need or opportunity in a more effective, equitable, or sustainable way. We are not prioritizing specific issues. Programs and projects can be at various stages of the problem-solving process.
Application Guidelines and Criteria
As we make funding decisions, the committee will use the following criteria to identify a proposal that best fits the following strategy:
- Uses inclusive and resourceful processes to pursue an innovative solution to a community challenge
- Serves as a breakthrough in addressing a community need
- Meaningfully engages key stakeholders; identify those needed to create the intended change and, whenever possible, include those directly affected by the problem
- Uses existing resources and assets creatively
- Is new or significant expansion of an existing project
- Contains a sustainability plan
- Ability to show tangible or quantifiable results
- Implementing organization is in good financial health with multiple financial controls in place
- Services take place in Columbia County; the more segments of the Columbia County population that benefit or utilize the project services, the better
Ineligible Requests for Funding
- Retroactive funding for projects that have been complete or will be complete prior to the grant decision date
- Fundraising events