Shamokin Area Education Foundation
Shamokin Area Establishes Foundation
The Shamokin Area Education Foundation (SAEF) has recently been established through a partnership with the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation and Shamokin Area School District. The purpose of the Shamokin Area Education Foundation is to raise funds to promote, enhance and supplement educational programs and activities for the benefit of the Shamokin Area School District, students and community.
“I’m excited to work together with these individuals from the community
and school staff to do even more for our students.”
Chris Venna, Superintendent
The Shamokin Area Education Foundation will be guided by an advisory committee:
- Ned Sodrick, SAEF President
- Todd Kerstetter, SAEF Vice President
- Kathy Vetovich, SAEF Secretary
- Brian Persing, Shamokin Area School District Vice-President
- Melissa Hovenstine, Shamokin Area School District Board Member
- Laura Scandle, Shamokin Area School District Board Member
- Chris Venna, Shamokin Area School District Superintendent
- Karen Colangelo, Shamokin Area School District Business Manager
- Mary Teresa Komara, Shamokin Area School District Curriculum Coordinator
“We are honored to support their efforts which will benefit their students in a variety of ways.”
-Holly Morrison, Foundation President and CEO
For more information about the Shamokin Area Education Foundation, please contact:Chris Venna, Superintendent
Shamokin Area School District
Contributions to this fund can be made online through the above Donate leaf (click Donate and select Agency Endowment/School District Funds) or mail a completed donation form to the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, Attn: Shamokin Area Education Foundation, 725 W. Front Street, Berwick, PA 18603.
SAEF operates in partnership with the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, a tax exempt, 501 (c)(3) charitable foundation. Central Susquehanna works hand-in-hand with SAEF and provides valuable support through administration and investment services.